All About HACC Training
Welcome to Grampians Region Home & Community Care (HACC) Training.
The HACC Program provides funding for services which support frail older people, younger people with disabilities and their carers. These services provide basic support and maintenance to people living at home and whose capacity for independent living is at risk, or who are at risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long-term residential care.
The HACC program is funded jointly by the Australian and Victorian governments under the HACC amending agreement of 1998.
In each Department of Human Services region, funds are allocated for a regional training strategy to address the training priorities of HACC staff in the region. Funds are also allocated for a HACC Regional Training Coordinator (HACC RTC) position to develop and implement the training strategy. In the Grampians Region that position is based at Ballarat District Nursing & Healthcare Inc and has been funded since 2002.
The Grampians regional training strategy incorporates
- A bi-annual calendar of training and professional development activities across the region
- Promotion and facilitation of access to training funded by other government sources, including Vocational Education and Training options
- Ongoing review and evaluation of training needs and priorities
- Facilitation of the regional Training Advisory Committee (TAC)
- One-off projects as determined by the TAC and RTC
For more information about any aspect of Grampians HACC Training contact Michelle Graffeo, Grampians Region HACC Training Coordinator on 5334 1500, 0400 069 881 or send an email via the Contact Us
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org