BDNH Stomal therapy is the management of stomas. Promotion of self management is encouraged.
BDNH staff will assist you in managing your own stoma and provide you with the most appropriate education and information.
BDNH stomal therapy service focuses on the whole person.
BDNH nurses can help you by:
We have a Clinical Nurse Consultant, who is an expert in stomal therapy and is known as a Stomal Therapist.
This specialist nurse provides care individually and works alongside our general nurses to help you manage your stoma. They also . . .
- Provide nursing care before and after surgery
- Teach you how to manage your stoma
- Provide education and support
- Give advice on the most appropriate and suitable medical needs and
- Provide links to other health professionals
How can I access this service?
Call us directly on 5334 1500 and speak to our Intake Officer, request your GP refer you to our service or request staff at your hospital to refer you to our service
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org