Looking after Stomas & Catheters
Stomas and Catheters are designed to collect and remove waste from your body. They can be daunting to manage at first, but our staff can help you manage them so you they don't stop you from living your life!
What exactly are Stoma's and Catheters?
A Stoma is an artificial opening made on the wall of your stomach which removes waste from your bowels. Sometimes they will be called an ileostomy, urostomy or a colostomy.
A Catheter on the other hand, is a flexible tube usually inserted into your bladder to remove urine from your body.
How can BDNH Group help?
All of our nurses are clinically trained and we have expert Stomal Therapists who can give you all the support and care you need, including:
- Speak to you before or after surgery to explain how a stoma or catheter works
- Help you to clean, change and care for your stoma or catheter
- Teach you how to care for them yourself so you can be independent
- Give you advice, guidance and care to prevent infection
- Connect you with other health care professionals if you need
You don't have to do it alone - we have experts to help you get back on your feet and get back to normal life.
If you have any questions, or If you're interested in our stoma and catheter services, contact us at BDNH Group and we can talk about how we can help.